Saturday, 14/5 09:30 - 12:00
Minecraft: We build the city of the future
- DESIGN SCHAU!
- Event for kids
Create cool future scenarios in Minecraft!
How do we want to live in the future? Children between the ages of 8 and 12 will answer that question in our online workshop. They use the computer game Minecraft, in which amazing 3D construction projects can be implemented with the help of cube-shaped blocks. Within 2.5 hours, the children build a city of the future as a team and learn to use the game as a creative tool to implement their ideas.
At this online event, children will:
- use the computer game Minecraft to implement their own creative ideas.
- exchange ideas with people of the same age in a video conference and gain experience in precise communication and helpfulness.
- practice using digital devices and tools independently and get to know the Zoom video conference tool and the Minecraft computer game.
- be supervised by experienced trainers in a small group.
Technical prerequisites for participation:
- stable internet connection
- Laptop or PC (at least Windows 7, macOS 10.9 Mavericks or similar), with webcam and microphone
- Installation of the Zoom Cloud Meetings App (free download from https://zoom.us/download)
- Installation of the Minecraft Java version (free download at https://www.minecraft.net/de-de/download/)
Only one child is admitted per registration. The download of the program is free, access is provided by the digital workshop. You will get further information on the preparation and operation of Zoom after your registration.
We look forward to our joint online workshop!
Architecture & Urban planning
Participate in our survey and win one of three illustrated books of Tom Hegen’s series "Habitat".
Nymphenburger Str. 120